Gamespot and Giant Bob Discussion Video

admin 00:00
Gamespot and Giant Bob Discussion Video, John Davison and Jeff Gerstmann go live to talk about today's BIG news.



According to video watcher, Tsichikage,  "that was an unexpectedly candid discussion of events I'm sure every reader has been curious about. Much love to Mr. Gerstmann, the rest of the Giant Bomb crew, and the current GameSpot staff for letting this happen. I honestly thought I'd never know for sure what happened a few years back.



I first heard of Giant Bomb because of their Deadly Premonition Endurance Run. Once I learned that they take Quick Looks at games (something every other site has since copied) and that they include former GameSpot members on their team, I became extremely interested in the site and now make it a daily stop (along with GameSpot, of course).



Editorial integrity is such a tumultuous topic. Here's my thoughts on it--anyone who isn't willing to be 100% honest with the readers about a video game's quality (good or bad) shouldn't be in games journalism. I know review scores can have a negative impact on publishers/developers (look at today's news about Fallout: New Vegas' Metacritic score and Obsidian employee's bonuses for an example), but readers trust gaming journalists to be honest with us at all times. When that trust is broken, nothing good can come of it."




Share this

Related Posts